Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer Bummer

I know this is not an intellectual or titillating topic, but there really is not much worse than being sick in the middle of the summer. I've had people say to me, "Gosh, I don't know anyone who is sick right now." Gee, thanks. You know me and I'm sick and I'm standing right in front of you and I'm at work. It's as if you are some sort of mutant species who dares to be sick in the summer. Basically, it blows.

Worse, I constantly am in the line of fire at my job. I work with small children in their homes. This apparently means that I am willing to expose myself to dread illnesses simply because I work in a home. "Well, you came here!" You know, if I knew that junior had a fever of 102, I probably wouldn't be here. People take liberties with my health all of the time. I literally got puked on once before the mom told me the kid was feeling a bit "under the weather." I happen to know that this particular disease I have is from Switzerland. I feel somehow exotic, yet still completely crappy.

2 comments:

Coaster Punchman said...

If your disease is from Switzerland, you should also be thinking "and MY disease is certainly better than any of those OTHER, cheap imitation diseases."

I get sick once every summer. Summer colds are killer. I am never so sick as in the summer. All the air conditioning is NOT healthy. I'm sick right now in fact. Have been since July 4.

Tenacious S said...

I feel better now that I know others are suffering as well. Wait, that sounded a bit sadistic. You know what I mean. Currently, I am clearing my head with some coffee since I have a Theraflu hangover.