Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hot Spot



I am trying to get to Santa Barbara for a conference, but am socked in at the San Francisco airport. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of life. Just wanted to let all of you know that I have not been avoiding you, but that we are having issues with our wireless network, the router in particular, and it has been difficult for me to get to my blog and all of yours. So, here I am in a "hot spot" with time on my hands.

I have not been away from my family for three and half years and have never been away for work. It's nice to do something besides what I typically do on a Wednesday. I have homework to do when I get to the hotel, but for now, I'm writing and roaming. Fall has been busy so far getting all of the kids that I work with and my own transitioned into school. It's been a bumpy ride, but we are all making it through. I've managed to hire and fire people in the last week, which is possibly my least favorite aspect of my job. This week I am attending a conference that will give me certification in a newew form of the therapy that I do. The fact that I have to go to Santa Barbara is not unwelcome.

It was my Mom's birthday a couple of days ago. I don't know if it's the medication or the fact that I've been so busy that I haven't really been able to think about it, but I felt like I made it through the day this year a bit better than in years past. The whole fall is filled with last memories, so I approach the season rather hesitantly. The past couple of years, I have felt kind of hollow around this time, but I do feel more full of life in this season of change.

6 comments:

Moderator said...

It's okay if you've been avoiding me.

Enjoy California! Better luck with the IT stuff.

Joe said...

Glad to hear you're making it through.

Have fun in California, and get in touch when you return. We're overdue for that tiki night, or something like it.

echo said...

I raise a Mojito to you, T!

Cup said...

I'm glad that you made it through your mom's birthday okay. Those days can be the worst, you know?

Enjoy the California break. We'll be here when you're ready.

Dale said...

Glad you're well and now appearing on TV's Santa Barbara. I'll check my local listings.

Coaster Punchman said...

Santa Barbara is very pretty. Hope you enjoyed it, and that fall is treating you well.