Thursday, September 27, 2007

Brains on the Wall

Went with Sweetness and company to a show on Tuesday night. I was geeked about seeing Metric, but had no idea what brain blenderizing fun the opening band, Crystal Castles, would be. They have made a name for themselves remixing songs from other bands like Klaxons and Bloc Party. My brain is still buzzing with the memory of their set.



CRYSTAL CASTLES-Alice Practice

Next up, and headlining, were Metric. Every one of them was an accomplished musician and the fact that they were led by an amazing tough as nails and sarcastic chick made them even better. One of the tightest sets I've heard in years. Interesting time signatures and rock your face off dance inducing tunes. If they are heading for your town, I highly encourage you to go see the show.



METRIC-Dead Disco

I'm flipping out and twitching just a bit because there are more than ten shows I really want to see in the next month. I know I'm going to have to pare that list down, but I am giddy with excitement.

3 comments:

Cup said...

So glad you hit a show! Go ahead and hit all ten. To hell with your wallet ... your workload ... your familial responsibilities ... we're talkin' live music here!

Tenacious S said...

Beth, if I hit at least half I'll walk away feeling pretty good. There is one week in October where there are four shows in one week. That's intense! But all of them are good. I had such a good time on Tuesday that I am amping myself up to handle this. Now, I just need to find a few partners in crime. Sweetness is signed on for two of them, but I've got more shifts to cover.

lulu said...

oh come one, I did 8 shows in one week, you can do it!

look for anything good coming to town between dec 16-jan 3rd. I'll be home.