Sunday, December 09, 2007

Deer in Headlights Vol. II



Once again I find myself in the unenviable condition of having a large (25 pages) paper due on Friday afternoon and exactly two sentences written. I can't seem to find my way into my writer's mode. I know once the switch flips, I'll word vomit almost ten pages immediately, but I can't seem to make it happen. I predict several sleepless nights this week. This only makes me more happy that I am taking the next quarter off. I just have lost the will to do this for now. I'm so distracted by my life that I can't make school the main focus. And right now, it shouldn't be either. Christmas will have to wait until Friday at 5. That's when I will be released from the prison of grad school for a little vacation. I'm itching to get out, but I have one hell of a roadblock right now. Send good thoughts and any writer's tips if you have any, 'cuz I'm fresh out of inspiration right now.

9 comments:

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

fack, I hate writing papers. What's the topic, maybe that'll help me come up w/something...??

Tenacious S said...

Topic is Physiological Basis of Dysfunction of Executive Function, Episodic Memory and Theory of Mind in Autism. How's that for a barrel of laughs? I'll be discussing the role of the cerebral cortex, the amygdala, the hippocampus, etc, as well as the supporting role played by neurotransmitters.

lulu said...

Bubs once told me that there was no problem that couldn't be solved by bourbon and pacing.

Tenacious S said...

Bourbon would put me to sleep right now. I tend to scamper and pass out, scamper and pass out....tonight, I sleep, tomorrow I scamper.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

By His great juicy Meatballs, I understood what the title was about!! Jesus, I need a drink!!

I'm curious re: th' Theory o' Mind biz-- are you discussing "mindblindness" and possible hardwiring mishaps??

...meanwhile, no WONDER you don't wanna write this fuckah. I helped my ex type her PhD thesis-- "The Beta-Amaloyd Protien Precurser and It's Role in Selective Seurotin Reuptake in Alzheimers"... Gaaah!!

Maybe you should warm up by writing dirty stories or something...??

Moderator said...

I think Hemingway subscribed to Bub's theory on writing. And he had some success writing.

So I've Been Laid Off said...

i've got a hundred solutions to that kind of block. want a few?

Dale said...

Rewrite those two sentences until they change.

So I've Been Laid Off said...

you finish that sucker?