Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Obliterated



OK, I'm a little slow on the uptake, as this was released last spring, but I have to say, "Holy Crap!" If you thought that Mission of Burma doing the reunited thing was lame, think again. This chunk of music is nothing short of spectacular and every bit as relevant as anything they put out the first time around. I now completely regret not seeking them out when they played the Pitchfork Festival this past summer. Oh, the concerts of regret. Three guesses what will be spinning in my car for the next few days. Well, I have to take a break from Naked Raygun every once in awhile.

3 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

I've heard great reviews from people who've seen the reunited Mission. They are a band that are largely unexplored on my part-- I have a feeling once I start, I'll become immersed in them.

Cup said...

I've enjoyed this album. Your review is perfect, TenS!

Moderator said...

Great album. Great band.