Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Two For Tuesday (Sweetness & Co. Edition)



METRIC-Empty

Today's two are inspired by Sweetness and her friends and what I hear coming from her speakers and her friends' iPods. First band up, Metric. Headphones were gleefully stuffed on my head by one of her friends as she walked in the house. We now have tickets to see them at the end of Spetember.



KLAXONS-It's Not Over Yet

Sweetness herself tends towards the more abstract and fantastical. This is her pick for who she'd like to see this fall, because she thinks they would have an interesting show. I feel pretty fortunate to have such a cool kid. As she once said about a peer, "She was sucked into the hip hop vortex." I think we're both grateful it didn't happen to her.

6 comments:

lulu said...

I've had the Klaxon CD for a while, its pretty good. I do hope that Sweetness doesn't become a music snob during her teen-aged years (like some people I could mention) There is plenty of cool and interesting hip hop too.

Tenacious S said...

Lu, you know which hip hop she was referring to, "This is Why I'm Hot," and other such trash.

Moderator said...

I could see how the Klaxons could put on a memorable show, although they don't do it for me personally.

anandamide said...

I think my neighborhood has been sucked into the hip hop vortex...

lulu said...

But is Sweetness's lipgloss poppin'? That's what I want to know.

Frank Sirmarco said...

Live it Out is a bad-ass record - love 'Poster of a Girl' - I've got to get tickets for the Metro show...