Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dysfunctional Eustachian Tubes

For most of my life I have suffered from dysfunctional eustachian tubes. Most of the year, it really is not a problem, but when a particularly virulent winter cold hits me, I become partially or mostly deaf for an indeterminate amount of time. I am currently partially deaf and have been for a few days now.

The thing I find peculiar about this lack of hearing, while my ear is full of fluid (a delightful thought I know), is that not only can I not hear very much, but I really don't want to talk either because my voice resonates so loudly in my head I can barely stand it. What I want to do is be mute and read until it gets better. I feel socially inadequate, as I don't want to talk to anyone and can't hardly keep up with a conversation. It's actually very tiring to have to work so hard at something you normally take for granted.

So, right now, don't call me or expect any form of verbal reciprocity from me. I'd rather be reading.

5 comments:

lulu said...

Better get those tubes cleared up by February. We have BRMC tickets! So email me then, woman-who-does-not-answer-her-phone.

Tenacious S said...

It's hard to answer the phone when you can't hear it ring.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could amuse yourself by posting new photos of your cat...just a thought.

Tenacious S said...

Hi Jane,
Looking for pictures of Edward again? You're a kitty sicko!

Best Database provider said...

wow ! Nice blog Articles That you mention here They Are Really awesome.
best database solutions